- You learn a short history and how to create video games with this.
What is Game Development?
- Video game development is the process of creating a video game. PC and console games are funded by a publisher and take several years to develop.
- Game development is a process that starts with an idea or concept. There is no standardized development method.
History of Video Games
- The history of video games goes in the early 1950s. Since the 1980s, video gaming has become a popular form of the world. During the 1970s, the first generation of home consoles emerged, including the famous game Pong.
- The golden age of arcade video games was from 1978 to 1982. They were at malls and accessible, affordable home consoles such as the Atari 2600, people to play games on their home TVs.
- The third generation of consoles, which were 8-bit units. The fourth generation of consoles, which were 16-bit models.
- During the 2000s, the sixth generation of consoles emerged. During this period, online gaming and mobile games became famous and influential.
- In 2013, the eighth generation of consoles emerged, including Wii U, Microsoft’s Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita.
Nowadays, Game Engine
- A game engine is a software framework designed for the creation of video games. Developers use them to create games for consoles, mobile devices, and personal computers. There are the most popular game engines:
- You can create any 2D or 3D games with Unity. You can make it with ease. A lot of individual developers use Unity since Unity 5 is the Personal Edition, which is free.
Such as a game developed by Unity:
- Gang Beasts is a multiplayer party game with funny characters. This game is the most popular in Unity today.
- One of the most popular and used game engines is the Unreal Engine. The original version was released in 1998.
- The latest version, Unreal Engine 4, is said to be the easiest one to use.
- Young people are not only excited to play games, but they are enthusiastic about creating them. Subsequently, game development tools are finding their way.